- Android smartphone with an NFC chip (click here for more information).
- NFC card: MIFARE DESFire EV1 (all memory sizes are supported 2 KB, 4 KB and 8 KB).
Initialize & personalize card
- Register a customer (click on the register button in the right top and select the customer group, please write down the username and password).
- Download the mobile app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.cyclos.mobile
- Set the URL of the mobile app to: communities.cyclos.org/nfc
- Login to the mobile app as an admin with the username nfcadmin and password 1234
- Go to 'Manage NFC cards' and click on 'Initialize' and move the card towards NFC antenna of the device and it hold it there as close as possible until the process is finished. Please be aware that the card needs a lot of power for the security (encryption and decryption) and the nfc antenna's of the phones are often not so strong. If this is the case for your phone, please make sure the nfc antenna of your phone is hold it exactly next to the card. Android devices specialized in reading nfc cards won't have this problem.
- Now click on 'Personalize' to assign your card to a member. Select the customer you registered before (in the first step). *
- Register a shop (click on the register button in the right top and select the shop group, please write down the username and password).
- Login as the shop in Cyclos, go to: Personal > Settings > NFC POS devices > Add > Fill in a name and click > Save > Activation code > Confirm. And write down the code that is generated.
- Login as the shop in the mobile app > click on the cog icon in the right top > enter the activation code > Assign POS.
Congratulations you can now test our smartphone POS
- Logout > and click on Launch POS > Receive payment > Enter the amount > Select payer > Hold the card away from the phone and only when asked by the device hold the nfc card as close as possible to the phone > For the password you can use the same password as for the login password. Note: we configured it that for payments under the 50 dollar no confirmation password is needed.
- If you encounter any problems please post them on our forum.
- If you are interested in viewing all the settings used in Cyclos you can login with the username nfcadmin and password 1234. Please don't change the cards and POS devices of other users.
* Note: you can also do this in a later stage. Only admins can
initialize cards, brokers and members (e.g. shops) can personalize
cards, meaning assigning them for customers. This can be done by
searching for the customer in the normal user search option, going in to
the user details and hold the phone away from the card and click on Personalize NFC card and when asked by the phone hold the card as close to the phone as possible. When
you want to assign a card to another customer the card needs to be
formatted by an admin or broker, after which it can be initialized and
personalized for the new user. The format option can be found at the card
manage page. Usually new 'blank' cards are already formatted by the
factory, meaning it is not needed to format them before initializing.