To join the WHETS, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Fill out an online application
- Attend an online orientation
- Submit photo ID
- Electronically agree to the WHETS terms of service
- Agree to exchange with other members as explained in our handbook
Each orientation includes an introduction to WHETS, an overview of member guidelines, a tutorial of the software program, an introduction to World Heritage and inspiration on how you as an individual may link heritage with actions for sustainable development.
- Click here to signup for our mailing list. You will be sent a notification email. (Please check your spam folder if you do not see it quickly.)
- After you have confirmed your email address by clicking on the link in the notification, you will receive an email with information and link to online orientation.
- Specific networks may also require that you attend group/network specific orientations.
- Completion of orientation(s) is/are required.
Click here or on the word Join at the top right hand corner of this screen to fill out an online application.
- Click here to access online video tutorials that explain the application process.
- Once you have attended an orientation, completed the online membership process and a WHETS coordinator has approved your membership, you will have member access to our WHETS account.
Once you have become a member, please:
Post some offers, skills, talents or services that you have to offer other members.
Post some requests, for services or skills that you are looking for.
Record any exchanges that you have made with other WHETS members.
Feel free to browse the offers and requests for inspiration. You can ask for help buy clicking on the envelope icon link and sending a message to your WHETS coordinators. See the icon at the top right of the home page.
You can visit the help guide for a page. Click on the "?" at the top right of each page.
Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built to strengthen our community.
Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbours about the requests or offers you've posted.
After you've communicated with a member and determined that a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements (date and time) for the exchange.
Fulfil the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account.
Come back and review offers and requests from other members.
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.